Monday 16 September 2013

Here comes the bride flags

I had a rather lovely message a little while back asking if I could create 'Here comes the bride' flags for a country vintage feel wedding. It sounded beautiful and I really wanted to create something gorgeous. Now I always fall into the dangerous category of thinking things are much easier than they look, however this is not always the case I have come to realise after a number of half finished projects....

So I edged on the side of caution and agreed to whip one up first before I said I could do it. After all weddings are serious stuff (fun, romantic, lovely, beautiful...but serious) and I wanted to be absolutely sure the lovely bride loved her special flags for her big day.

After googling, etsying, folksying, drinking tea ee ing I found many flags, pretty flags, but most were card based. So I got out the Hessian and began creating and I must say I absolutely loved them. Luckily the bride did as well and ordered four. Two for her pages boys and two for her flower girls. Each set with co ordinating ribbon. I am so excited to see some pictures of the beautiful day. 

Hope you like them 😊
I personalised the back with the bride and grooms initials and date of the wedding for an extra touch towards that special keepsake. 

I also created some vintage embroidered handkerchiefs which definately fell into the harder than they look category! But I was very pleased with how it all turned out and more importantly so was the blushing bride. Think Ill definately be adding to my etsy shop. 

If you like the look of the packaging, it was super easy and inexpensive. For delicate and pretty packaging all you need is - A brown envelope, paper doily, ribbon, brown gift tag with a punched a heart through and add a little floral fabric heart xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment