Monday 7 April 2014

Vintage Button Magnets DIY

It's been a while since I posted anything, but I'm on Easter holidays at the moment so I have time to play (yes!) and spend time in my little much loved sewing shed. I love making something new (and ordering bits and bobs from eBay.....  : / ) Today I made the above (before sewing a frog) so I thought I would share...💗💗💗

I love these wooden buttons which I ordered last week and I must add they are a complete bargain. They come in packs of 20 and their really pretty floral designs with a vintage feel. These magnets are super easy and quick to make so I thought I would share the idea. 
Both the buttons and strong magnets can be ordered on eBay. Then it's just a case of using a strong glue, I use e600. Dab a little bit of glue on the magnet and glue on to button, leave to dry and voila, you have a very pretty button magnet.
I machine embroidered and hand stamped these 'just for you' labels, glued them in the middle of a small blank card and envelope, then used a dab of PVA to attach the magnets. So you have a pretty little card and four fridge magnets to give to someone as a lovely little treat.



Hope you liked this easy peasy tutorial. Would love to know of you decide to make them or something similar.

Becky xx




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that, lovely idea and so simple. Can I ask do you use a normal foot on your machine when sewing that, or do you use what I think is called a darning foot for free hand sewing? I keep trying free hand sewing but don't seem to be getting any better at it. I find it really hard. Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne thank you very much. I don't need to use a foot for my machine I can just lower the feed dogs and sew away. However I think on most machines you need to get a free embroidery foot, which has a circle on the bottom for the needle to go through. Hope this helps! Good luck with your embroidery X

      Delete