With V fest fast approaching I went shopping for some headbands in the attempt to tidy up my not so manageable hair. Their are some pretty ones out there, but their always a bit too big for my little pea head and sometimes a little pricey so I thought I would make my own. I thought I'd share my DIY in case anybody else wants to do the same. It's super easy and costs just a few golden nuggets. Both bands took less than an hour, so it's a lovely little DIY.
I bought this pretty daisy trim from buttons and bows, which was £2 a metre, I only bought half a metre which was plenty. Their are always tons of stunning trims to choose from and I love getting lost in haberdashery shops. The flowers were 12p each and the elastic only 16p a metre. So I spent under £3 and made two rather pretty headbands that fit my pea head perfectly.
Here's what I did for the ribbon flower band.
Tie another knot once you reach the end. I then doubled up a piece of elastic and sewed the two plaited ends to this for extra stretch and a snug fit.
Push your flowers into a gap in the plait and hand sew in place attaching to the cord and elastic. I used 9 flowers in total. At the end, to cover the knots and make it look tidy, I attached a daisy on each side from my pretty trim.